Board of Commisioners
Waleed Mohamed Ebrahim Alsayed President Commissioner of Indosat Ooredoo
Mr. Waleed Mohamed Ebrahim Al-Sayed, 52, was appointed as President Commissioner of Indosat Ooredoo in March 2016. He has extensive experience in the Information & Technology sector. Mr. Al-Sayed’s career spans from Senior managerial positions in Sales, Marketing & PR, Business Development, Strategy, Project Management, Group Communications, and Customer Services.
- Chief Operating Officer, Ooredoo Qatar
- Lead role in Ooredoo Group rebranding
- CEO, Ooredoo Group & CEO, Ooredoo Qatar
- Deputy CEO, Ooredoo Group & CEO, Ooredoo Qatar
- Chairman, Ooredoo Algeria
- Chairman, Starlink
- President Commissioner, Indosat Ooredoo
- Chairman, Ooredoo Myanmar Limited
- Board member, MEEZA (a technology joint venture between Ooredoo & Qatar Foundation)
- Awarded Executive Masters from HEC Paris in Business Administrations with full honors
- His customer services team received a global award for the “Best Retail Shop Design in 2009
- A record number of honors at the Contact Center World Awards in 2010
- His presentation won the Gold Award for Best Customer Service in the MENA (Middle East & North Africa) region
Hans Anthony KuropatwaCommissioner
Mr. Hans Anthony Kuropatwa, 57, was appointed as Commissioner of Indosat Ooredoo in March 2016.
- Group Business Development Director, Vodafone
- CEO, Vodafone Sweden
- Regional Managing Director and Group Marketing Director
- Managing Director, Telco at Motorola
- Non-Executive Director and Investor in Arkessa
- Investor & Advisor, Mobile Learning company, Skill Pill M Learning
- Board member of various telecommunications companies: Vodacom (South Africa), Eplus (JeGermany), SFR (France), Omnitel (Italy), Safaricom (Kenya)
- Partner, Ventura Team LLP, London
- Interim Executive Director at Eircom, Dublin, developed Eircom mobile
- Executive Business Development Director, Ooredoo
- Commissioner, Indosat Ooredoo
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Imperial College London in 1980
- Master of Business Administration from Manchester Business School, United Kingdom in 1983
Syed Maqbul QuaderIndependent Commisioner
Mr. Syed Maqbul Quader was appointed as Independent Commissioner on August 31, 2016. He has an extensive career in the financial sector and has held prestigious positions around the world, including Dhaka, Hong Kong, United States of America, and London.
Wijayanto SamirinIndependent Commisioner
Mr. Wijayanto Samirin, 44, was appointed as Independent Commissioner of Indosat Ooredoo in January 2015. Currently, he is Special Staff of the Vice President of Republic of Indonesia for Economics and Finance.
- Co-Founder and Director, Paramadiana Public Policy Institute (PPPI)
- Vice Rector and Lecturer, University of Paramadina (2007 - 2015)
- 9 years in investment banking and hedge fund industries
- Various positions in Farindo/Farallon Capital LLC, ABN AMRO Asia Securities, and Makindo Securities
- Independent Commissioner, Indosat Ooredoo (2015)
- Special Staff of the Vice President of Republic of Indonesia for Economics and Finance
- A Fulbright Scholar who earned a Master’s Degree in Public Policy from Georgetown University, Washington D.C, USA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from Gadah Mada University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Author of 4 books and hundreds of articles and academic papers.
Elisa LumbantoruanIndependent Commissioner
Mr. Elisa Lumbantoruan, 55, was appointed as Independent Commissioner of Indosat Ooredoo in June 2015. One month later, July 2015, he appointed as Member of Audit Committee.
- Senior position, PT Hewlett-Packard Indonesia
- President Director & Country TSG Managing Director (2002-2007)
- Director & EVP Marketing and Sales, PT Garuda Indonesia (Persero) Tbk
- EVP Finance/Group CFO, PT Garuda Indonesia (Persero) Tbk
- EVP Corporate Strategy and IT, PT Garuda Indonesia (Persero) Tbk (2007 - 2013)
- Independent Commissioner, PT XL Axiata Tbk (2008-2012)
- President Commissioner, PT Citilink Indonesia (2008-2013)
- President Commissioner, PT Gapura Angkasa (2009-2013)
- EVP/Director of Human Resources, IT, and Strategy, PT Samora Usaha Makmur (2014)
- President Director & CEO, PT ISS Indonesia
- Member of Audit Committee, PT Indosat ooredoo (2015)
- Independent Commissioner, PT Indosat Ooredoo (2015)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics from Bandung Institute of Technology, Bandung, Indonesia
Mr. Heru Pambudi was appointed as Commissioner of Indosat Ooredoo on May 24, 2017. Currently, he also serves as Director General of Customs and Excise, Ministry of Finance of Republic of Indonesia.
- Active in various ASEAN forums and programs. These include ASEAN Border Leadership Exchange Programme, The Border Intelligence Workshop, and the 7th ASEAN Enforcement and Compliance Working Group Meeting.
- Deputy Director General, Directorate General of Customs and Excise.
- Director of Customs Facility, Customs and Excise.
- Director of Revenue and Regulation, Customs and Excise.
- Director General of Customs and Excise, Ministry of Finance of Republic of Indonesia (2015)
- Commissioner, Indosat Ooredoo (2017)
- Diploma III in Customs and Excise at the State Institute of Accounting, Indonesia (1991)
- Bachelor’s Degree from Faculty of Economics of University of Indonesia (1996)
- Master of Law from the University of Newcastle-Upon Tyne (2001)
Mr. Chris Kanter, was appointed a Commissioner of Indosat Ooredoo at the Extraordinary General Shareholders Meeting (EGMS) dated 1 August 2019. He previously served as President & CEO of Indosat Ooredoo (17 October 2018 until XXX) and Independent Commissioner as well as Commissioner of Indosat Ooredoo (2010-2018).
The Chairman and Founder of Sigma Sembada Group, a major player and turnkey contractor in transportation and logistics, he is currently a Commissioner of Bank BNP Paribas Indonesia and a Member of the Board of Governors of East West Center, USA (since 2013).
- Vice Chairman, Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and industry (KADIN Indonesia) (1994-2015)
- Vice Chairman, International Federation of Freight Forwarders Association (FIATA) Asia Pacific (2007-2018)
- Economic Advisor to the President on the National Economic Council (KEN) (2009-2014)
- Member, The Investment Coordination Board Committee (BKPM) (2010- 2014).
- Commissioner, Garuda Indonesia (2013-2015)
- Vice Chairman, Indonesia Employers’ Association (APINDO) (2015-2017)
- Independent Commissioner of Indosat Ooredoo (since 2010)
- Commissioner, Bank BNP Paribas Indonesia
- Member of the Board of Governors of East, West, Center, USA (since 2013)
- President Director and CEO, Indosat Ooredoo (2018-2019)
Mr. Andrew Kvålseth was appointed as Commissioner of PT Indosat Ooredoo at the Extraordinary General Shareholders Meeting of the Company on October 17, 2018.
- IT Consultant, Fair Isaac (2002-2005)
- Business Intelligence Group Manager, Capgemini (2005-2007)
- Strategy/Management Consultant, Private Equity Group di Bain & Company, Inc (2008–2011)
- Group Strategy Director, Telenor ASA (2011-2012)
- Telenor Digital Services Chief Strategy Officer, Telenor ASA (2012-2013)
- Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Digital Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and CEO, Line Mobile(2013-2018)
- Chief Commercial Officer, Ooredoo Group (2018)
- Commissioner, Indosat Ooredoo (2018)
- Master of Business Administration from University of Oxford - Said Business School (2008)
- B.B.A, Finance and Info System Analysis and Design dari University of Wisconsin, Madison,
Mr. Hilal S. Malawi was appointed as Commissioner of Indosat Ooredoo at the Extraordinary General Shareholders Meeting on October 17, 2018. He has more than 25 years of experience in telecommunications, finance, strategic planning, and development.
- Associate Director of International Business Development, Verizon Wireless
- Director of Strategic Planning and Director of Asia Strategy and Development, Bechtel Telecommunications (1997-2003)
- Director of Corporate Finance, Investcom LLC (2004-2006)
- CFO, Accelerator Technology Holdings (2006-2007)
- Head of Business Development and other senior positions at Qtel International (2007-2010)
- Independent Consultant for Telecommunications and Technology (2011-2014)
- Advisor of Chairman of the Board of Ooredoo (2015)
- Advisor to The Chief Executive Officer of Qatar Investment Authority (since 2016)
- Commissioner, Indosat Ooredoo (2018)
- Bachelor of Business Administration from American University in Beirut, Lebanon (1983)
- Master of International Degree from Thunderbird School of Global Management in Arizona, United States of America (1987)