Indosat Ooredoo Achieves Frost & Sullivan Award
Indonesia Data Communications Service Provider of the Year
Jakarta, October 8, 2015 - Indosat Ooredoo, member of Ooredoo Group, achieved again the Frost & Sullivan Indonesia Excellence Award 2015 for the category of Indonesia Data Communications Service Provider of the Year. This award is a tangible manifestation of Indosat's commitment to support the business growth of corporate customers through the provision of quality data communication services and global scale.
"We are very pleased to receive the award in recognition that our Data Communications service is acknowledged to be at the forefront in supporting businesses both domestically and businesses globally. Data Communications Service of Indosat Ooredoo is supported by the international fiber-optic network backbone infrastructure to business destination countries in Asia, America, Europe. With the extensive network of Indosat, we expect more global businesses are investing to support economic development in Indonesia and vice versa more and more local businesses to widen its market to the global market", said Joy Wahyudi, Director of Sales and Distribution Indosat Ooredoo.
According to Winnie Wong, Research Analyst Cloud and Data Center Asia Pacific Frost & Sullivan, "Ooredoo Indosat should be proud to be one of the operators of Southeast Asia's largest telecommunications influential with an extensive global partnership covering 17 countries. Indosat telecommunications industry has been brought to a different level by being the most aggressive player in Southeast Asia, in line with the fast economic development of digital ecommerce, mobile, social media, and digital content. Currently, Indosat Ooredoo has expanded its product portfolio by expanding its global networks that allow international companies to enter into economic development in Indonesia. Indosat Ooredoo has witnessed the increasing use of mobile data services by customers, bringing innovative services and high-quality applications that will set Indosat Ooredoo as a leader who changed the business in the digital landscape in Indonesia ".
Indosat Group provides networking and integrated data communications solutions to business customers with advantages such as:
- Having a strong and reliable network
- 3 international backbones (2 sea cable networks and underground networks)
- Having more than one physical networks that connect within and between cities
- It has a broad global partnership
- Global partners such as BT, AT&T and NTT
- Regional provider alliance (Singtel, CAT, TM, VNPT, PLDT & Telbru) who are members of ACASIA consortium with ICT services/products such as: Connectivity, Data Center, Disaster Recovery Center
- Indosat Ooredoo won International recognition in the form of a standard certification
- Carrier Ethernet (CE 1.0) of the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF)
- Carrier Ethernet (CE 2.0) of the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF)
- Service innovation through smart features (Application Assure) in the Service Portal accessible by customer
Earlier, Indosat Ooredoo was also awarded Frost & Sullivan in the category of Infrastructure as a Service Provider of the Year in 2014, Data Center Services Provider of the Year in 2013 and 2012, and Telecom Service Provider of the Year and Mobile Service Provider of the Year in 2011.