Secure Your Data with Disaster Recovery Center
- Data is vital for any company. A Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) is important to keep data secured
- A number of things need to be observed to develop DRC. Other than hardware and software, location is equally important.
- Having a DRC enables a company to keep the business running even during catastrophic events.
Information technology today is a part of every aspect in a business. Not only it is indispensable for a company’s administration process, it is also a vital tool to acquire new customers. Given this deep dependency towards information technology, a company’s IT team is demanded to ensure that a data center is up and running continuously without disruption.
Nevertheless, data center comprises a set of electronic devices that are not void of risk failure. To mitigate this risk, a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) is essential to have; if failure occurs, DRC’s system automatically takes over and resumes a company’s business activities.
There are at least four reasons why DRC is necessary:
- Machine and hardware failure
A company may have invested significantly in high-end machines and hardware, yet DRC remains important. These elements combined will ensure that the company will have zero experience with service failuredue to hardware dysfunction.
- Human Error
It is only wise for any company to prevent human error by having a DRC. This enables the company to create back-up data and restore those data should error occurs.
- Unpredictable Nature's Behaviour
Natural disasters are unavoidable and difficult to predict. Placing a DRC in several relatively safe locations is important.
- 24/7/365 Services
DRC ensures that a company is able to deliver service excellence. Fast services is what the customers expect today, which a company is able to fulfill by having an infrastructure that is accessible anytime.
Building a DRC, however, requires a sound strategy, as there are many factors in play.
DRC needs to cover IT system, application, and data as well as network, servers, desktops, laptops, mobile data devices, and connectivity. In short, an information technology system must entail hardware, software, data, and connectivity; a system will not be working without any of the component.
Looking futher into this, we can find the following factors needed to build a DRC:
- Computer-appropriate environment (an area that is safe, equipped with temperature control feature, AC, power supply back-up, and others)
- Hardware (network, server, desktop computers and laptops, wireless devices, and peripheral equipment)
- Connectivity with service providers (fiber, cable, or wireless network, others)
- Software (electronic data exchange, e-mail, company resource management, productivity software, etc.)
- Data and restoration
Recognizing the need for a reliable and secured DRC, Indosat Ooredoo Business offers DRC solution for companies who seeks to ensure their data security, including in catastrophic events.
Indosat Ooredoo Business provides the following DRC facilities:
- Charging System
- Power supply from two separate sources
- High-capacity power generator
- Redundant UPS of 2N configuration
- Battery backup.
- System's Environment
- HVAC N+1 redundancy to ensure optimal air flow, temperature, and humidity level
- Novec 1230 fire suppression.
- Environmental Monitoring System (EMS).
- FO with separate routes of Jakarta-Jatiluhur- Bandung-Jakarta.
- Transport technology of DWDM, SDH, MPLS and Metro Ethernetsampai 10Gbps.
- FO media access, Microwave and Satellite
- Neutral interconnection, directly connected to Internet Exchange and all telecommunication operators
- Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Meet-Me- Room.
- Cellular network and land line to support your work.
- 24X7 layered security system, security officers, access doors, CCTV, digital recording, Man-Trap, and Visitor Management System (VMS) with fingerprint scan
- Monitoring Network Operational Center 7x24 jam.
- Staging room.
- Bulletproof rooms and facilities
Indosat Ooredoo Business’ DSRC is located in an area categorized by the Agency of Metereology, Climatology, and Geophysics as Zone 3, that is relatively safe from earthquake. At an elevation level of 139 meters, the area is also fairly safe from floods.
Indosat Ooredoo Business is committed to enable companies to have quality and secured DRC facilities. For more information, please visit https://indosatooredoo.com/id/business/product/it-services/drc